- In the event that movie shows any identifiable living clients and/or identifiable personal stats, writers need certainly to demonstrate that permission was acquired. If your patient permission kind had been given to the associated article, there’s no necessity to present this once more for the movie.
- Please utilize the compression parameters that video sites that are sharing. Usually they are standard choices from your own modifying software. a guide that is comprehensive offered by the vimeo site.
Videos are way too big to e-mail therefore will have to be uploaded to BMJ’s account in the website that is hightail. Please range from the journal’s name along with your manuscript ID number within the message field – this will allow us to fit your movie to your paper. Your video clip has to be received by the right time that you return the modifications for the article evidence, at the extremely latest. Take note that in the event that you miss the deadline, this may cause delays in publication of both your article and the video if you do not correctly label your video or.
All movie abstracts will likely be examined for suitability by the editorial group and book is certainly not guaranteed in full. In certain instances editors may request edits into the movie.
Movie abstracts are embedded in the research article on the internet and additionally posted individually regarding the journal’s YouTube channel. They truly are posted underneath the exact exact same copyright terms once the article.
Article processing fees
During distribution, writers can decide to possess their article published access that is open GBP 1950 (plus VAT for British and EU writers). Writers also can decide to publish their article in color for the print version – as opposed to the standard choice of black colored and that is white GBP 250. There are not any distribution, web web page or online-only color figure costs.
To learn more about available access, funder conformity and institutional programmes please just click here.
Tobacco Control adheres to BMJ’s Tier 3 information policy. We highly encourage that data generated by your quest that supports your article be made available as quickly as possible, anywhere lawfully and ethically possible. A Data must be contained by all research articles Availability Statement. To get more information and FAQs, please see BMJ’s full Data Sharing Policy web web page.
Tobacco Control mandates ORCID iDs for the author that is submitting the full time of article distribution; co-authors and reviewers are strongly motivated to additionally connect their ScholarOne records to ORCID. We highly think that the increased use and integration of ORCID iDs should be good for the entire research community.
Please find extra information about ORCID and BMJ’s policy on our Author Hub .
Please review the article that is below specs like the necessary article lengths, pictures, dining table limitations and guide counts. The term count excludes the name web page, abstract, tables, acknowledgements, contributions and sources. Manuscripts must be because succinct as you can.
For further help when creating your distribution please relate to the resources available in the BMJ Author Hub. Here there are informative data on writing and formatting your quest until the review that is peer and advertising your paper. You may even need to make use of the language modifying and interpretation services supplied by BMJ Author Services.
A free service to help you maximise your article’s reach if your article is accepted you can take advantage of BMJ’s partnership with Kudos.
Articles reporting research may be complete size or brief reports. Documents should generally be no more than 3500 terms in total, excluding tables, recommendations, abstract and ‘What this paper adds’. Exceptions may periodically be manufactured to the, especially in the outcome of review articles, qualitative research and tobacco industry document research, however in basic shorter papers could be more competitive for publication. The editors will look at the merits of this instance for longer documents on a basis that is case-by-case but papers more than 5000 words will never be considered. Authors are strongly motivated to see or watch the recommended length restrictions, as extortionate size may disadvantage an otherwise appropriate paper because of the area restrictions regarding the log.
Writers ought to include a part entitled ‘What this paper adds’, which summarises the messages that are key the investigation the following:
- What exactly is currently known about this topic. in 2 or three sentence that is single points please summarise their state of systematic knowledge with this topic. Be clear and certain, maybe maybe not obscure.
- Just exactly exactly What gaps that are important knowledge occur with this subject.
- Just just What this scholarly research adds. In a single or two solitary phrase bullet points give a straightforward reply to the concern ‘ just What do we currently know because of this research that individuals didn’t understand before?’. Be brief, succinct, certain, and accurate.
Term count: generally as much as 3500 terms
Tables/Illustrations: as much as 5
recommendations: no limitation, but please use sources just as required
this informative article kind is susceptible to interior and outside peer review
Brief reports are faster versions of initial articles, must not meet or exceed 1500 terms, and can even consist of one figure or table.
This short article kind is at the mercy of interior and external peer review.
Letter (original research)
Research letters designed for publication should really be a optimum of 500 terms, 10 recommendations, plus one dining table or figure. Those answering articles posted when you look at the log ought to be submitted as described below under communication.
Research letters should not replicate information offered when you look at the text of a write-up. They need to have name, a methods that are brief, outcomes and a conversation.
This informative article kind is at the mercy of interior and outside peer review.
Unique communications are documents that don’t report initial research information but which supply a conversation, analysis, or article on a specific topic. Generally speaking these should always be 3500 terms or less, with smaller efforts advantaged in consideration of area restrictions.
This informative article kind is at the mercy of interior and sometimes external peer review.
Review articles offer overview of the literary works, often concerning a specific topic, nation, or region that is geographical. Review manuscripts, including meta-analyses, ought to include an abstract with all the after headings: objective, data sources, research selection, information removal, information synthesis, and conclusions writers publishing review manuscripts and reports regarding the link between meta-analyses should prepare an abstract of no more than 250 terms beneath the after headings:
- Objective – The abstract has to start with a statement that is precise of main goal regarding the review. The main focus of the declaration ought to be led by perhaps the review emphasises facets such as for instance cause, behavior, intervention, populace, or avoidance. It will consist of information on the population that is specific intervention, publicity, and test or result that is being evaluated.
- Information sources – a summary that is succinct of sources should really be offered, including any moment limitations. Possible sources consist of specialists or research institutions mixed up in field, computerised databases and posted indexes, registries, abstract booklets, seminar procedures, references identified from bibliographies of pertinent articles and publications, and organizations or manufacturers of tests or agents being reviewed. In case a bibliographic database is utilized, the precise indexing terms utilized for article retrieval must be stated, including any constraints (for instance, English language or peoples subjects).
- Learn selection – The abstract should explain the requirements utilized to choose studies for step-by-step review from among studies defined as strongly related this issue. Information on selection ought to include specific populations, interventions, results, or methodological designs. The technique used to apply these requirements should really be specified – for instance, blind review, opinion, multiple reviewers. The percentage of initially write essay online identified studies that came across selection requirements ought to be stated.
- Information removal – directions utilized for abstracting data and data that are assessing and credibility (such as for example requirements for causal inference) must certanly be described. The strategy through which the rules had been used should really be stated: for instance, separate removal by numerous observers.
- Data synthesis – the primary link between the review, whether quantitative or qualitative, should always be stated. Practices utilized to acquire these total results should always be outlined. Meta-analyses should state the major results that had been pooled and can include odds ratios or impact sizes and when feasible, sensitiveness analyses. Numerical outcomes should always be followed by self- self- confidence intervals, if relevant, and precise quantities of analytical significance. Evaluations of testing and diagnostic tests should deal with dilemmas of sensitiveness, specificity, likelihood ratios, receiver characteristic that is operating, and predictive values. Assessments of prognosis ought to include summarisations of success characteristics and associated variables. Major identified sources of variation between studies ought to be stated, including variations in therapy protocols, co-interventions, confounders, result measures, follow through, and dropout prices.
- Conclusions – The conclusions and their applications must be demonstrably stated, restricting generalisation towards the domain regarding the review. The necessity for brand new studies could be recommended.
Term count: by settlement, but generally speaking 5000 terms or less (excluding tables, numbers and sources)
this informative article kind is susceptible to interior and outside peer review.